Discount is a scam, doesn’t work

I have tried everything and am unable to get the 10% discount your company supposedly offers. I have read all the threads from others that went through the same thing and it seems it is a waste of my time to keep trying. The time I’ve spent on this is way more valuable than the discount amount would have been. I just want to let your company know this is not a great way to start a relationship, and I will remember it. I do not appreciate being lied to and you will have no loyalty from me.

Hi @user78903. If you are subscribed to a Ring Protect Plan, the discount should automatically be applied when making a purchase on Ring.com while logged into your account. If not, give our support team a call for further assistance.

I can also confirm that the 10% discount does not work for most products. I have my Ring account linked to my Amazon account and since subscribing to the Protect Pro plan I’ve purchased several additional Ring devices including a $199 Floodlight Cam Plus, a regular Wired Floodlight, a Ring Indoor Cam, and a bunch of accessories. I’ve tried going through the Ring website and through Amazon. No discount anywhere.

The only time a 10% discount was applied was for a $20 accessory through Amazon.

Basically, as far as I’m concerned the 10% discount doesn’t really exist and when it does show up, it’s only for inexpensive accessories. I’m probably owed about $40 or $50 worth of discounts with all the stuff I’ve ordered from them since I subscribed in November.

I’m sure somewhere in the fine print it says that the 10% discount is only for “certain” items (likely meaning cheap accessories) but it would be nice if Ring would make this more plain to see instead of giving the impression that it’s 10% for all Ring items.

Hi @GuitarMan. We’ve made this easy for you and created a page dedicated to items eligible for the discount. You can find that page here.

Thanks. It would be nice if the marketing and promo materials outlining the benefits of the Protect plans were more clear that the 10% discount does not apply to many items. The way I read it, and based on this thread apparently others understood it the same way, the 10% would apply to all Ring items.

Also, the prices from the link you provided are not entirely accurate or consistent either. For example, the Floodlight Cam Plus is listed at $219, so with a 10% discount it would be roughly $197, but the regular price for it on Amazon and pretty much every other seller (Amazon, Home Depot, Best Buy, etc)is already $199. So 10% off $219 is not really a discount since anyone can purchase it on Amazon (who owns Ring) or any other seller for the Ring members’ “discounted” price.

Hi @GuitarMan. You can reference this page here for the details regarding the Ring Protect Discount. As for the Floodlight Cams, it sounds like you are mixing up some models, as there are models at the $219 and $199 price points. You can see this below. Let me know if there is anything else I can clarify for you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.