Disarmed mode doesn't turn off motion detection for Ring Indoor Cameras

I have a pair of Ring Indoor Cams in my living room and after having them work without issues for months I’m suddenly encountering this weird problem where changing modes doesn’t actually have any impact on motion detection.

I’ve looked through the mode settings, tried to reinstall the app, and set the cameras up again, but the problem persists, even though everything should be fine on paper.

The problem is also there if I try to change modes through the site.

The only way I can actually get them to stop detecting motion is to go into the individual camera settings and completely disable motion detection for each camera there.

How can I fix this?

1 Like

I am having the same issue. It just started happening today, and this particular problem has never really happened to me. I have a solid internet/LTE connection on my smart phone. I have tried changing modes on my home PC, and these indoor battery operated cameras that I have, keep getting triggered.

This is happening to me too, really frustrated after forking out $200 on new indoor cams.

Same here… was working correctly and then just stopped today… can’t even walk around in my own house without alerts driving me crazy!!

Same problem, today. Seems to happen when the Ring company puts out some time of software or firmware update… Frustrating to say the least…

Same thing is happening with me as well.

Same here. Started last couple of hours. Live view ‘toggle on’ in settings doesn’t make it available so that is not working either. Seems to be changing the mode isn’t changing live view and motion detection settings accordingly. RING sort out your system status because it definitely isn’t 100% operational.

Same here. The darn thing won’t disarm and it’s driving me insane. I may just u plug everything and wait till tomorrow. Since it’s today for everyone…maybe it’s a glitch in the whole RING system?

Ring system status says 100% which is such a lie. It seldom shows outages unless they effect the whole network completely.

Same thing , but on ios. Have tried restarting my phone and unplugging the devices, but nothing is working. Motion detection will not turn off in any mode

Same issue on Android and iOS, reinstalled app and Disarmed still does not work. All settings are the same, nothing has changed. Disarmed Mode has Motion Detection off for the different devices.

same here on ios, come on ring!!

Hi all. Same here and tried to figure it out for quite a while before I called Ring.

They right away said this is a known issue, has been reported, and they’re working on it. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Are they still working on it??? because I just got this dang camera, and it’s STILL AN ISSUE!!! I am going to send this dang thing BACK! This is not acceptable!!!

I have a fix for this if ye haven’t already figured it out yet as I’m late to this party.

The problem I was having was whenever I was trying to disable motion detection and notifications for the Disarmed mode, I was getting an error on the mobile app saying something went wrong and to try again later but it never worked. If that sounds like the issue you’re having, this is what fixed it for me.

In your Internet Browser on your computer ( Edge/Firefox/Chrome ) sign into Ring.com
Along the top of the webpage go the Settings tab
Then go to Modes
Then turn off Mode settings for Camera

Next, go back to the mobile app and go to settings and under Location Settings select Modes.
You’ll then be able to turn on the mode settings again from the mobile app and when you make changes to your camera settings, they should apply this time.

I hope this helped someone :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just setup and added ring alarm to my existing ring video doorbell with the perspective of self-monitoring. In addition I also purchased and setup stickup cam for indoor monitoring when nobody is at home. So I want this cam only active (motion detection and recording) only in armed away mode. However when I go to Mode Settings for my cam and select any specific mode, only my video doorbell is listed under Cameras setting, thus making it impossible to setup camera behavior for selected mode. I can do that for ring doorbell, but not for my stickup cam. I found this topic and wondering, if my problem is related to it and whether this original issue was ever fixed.

Hi @ring_yank. The concern you’re describing has been addressed and a fix is on a slow rollout, so you may not see this fix as soon as other neighbors do. Make sure to keep your Ring app updated. You can find more information in this thread.

The concerns brought up by the original poster have been previously resolved. If anyone is experiencing their Indoor Cam not adhering to their Mode Settings, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by @BadBeardDude. If those steps don’t help, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Hi its now December 2023 and the slow roll out of this supposed fix must be at a snails pace. Got this issue. Hurry up with the fix.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.