Disarm/arm Ring Alarm based on time

When will Disarm/arm Ring Alarm based on time be added as a feature. Forget the kind double talk. When? When? When?

1 Like

This is a really important feature to have. If my wife or my kids are the last one to go to sleep at night, my alarm doesn’t get set at all. I’d like to have the alarm be armed every day at 1 am. I don’t need to schedule the alarm to be disarmed, I think that’s less important (and maybe unsafe?).

I’m going to chime in and also request this feature to be added. There are a few features missing from Ring that baffle me and are quite annoying. This is one of them.

I also agree that this is a feature I also would like to see.

please request your team to add this very important feature

Please add this very important feature…

1 Like

I just set up an Alexa routine to disarm Ring in the morning. You can set the trigger for a certain time every day. I set it for when motion is detected in the living room between 7 and 10 AM. For the action, choose “custom” and type “Disarm Ring one two three four”, assuming your voice code is 1234. It’s working when I test it, but time will tell how reliable it is. Other routines have never given me any problems.

2 Likes

Hello, This may be a dumb question, but I can’t figure out how to add a scene on my Alexa app. I already created the routine in Simple Commands and linked the app to my Alexa app. But I can’t find a way to create scenes. I only see the option to create routines.

2021… still waiting

1 Like

This seems to be a popular request and something that makes sense to have, some people might pay for it. But with over a year of time passing and nothing… This seems more like a trash can where ideas go in.

2 Likes

Need scheduling and geofencing too

1 Like

Yes please! This would be so very helpful! I used to have it with my previous alarm company and it was a great feature.

Just switched to Ring security from Xfinity and I’m very disappointed Ring doesn’t have this feature.

I also hope this feature is added. If you want it, vote for it on the feature request board. The specific feature request is here:

Just click the vote button in the top left corner. It will help this gain attention with the dev team.

1 Like

To anyone following this - the method to disarm using the Alexa routine wasn’t very reliable until I made a change to the custom action. You can type “Disarm Ring voice code one two three four”, assuming your voice code is 1234. Previously, Alexa would randomly say she was not authorized to perform the command. Now it works reliably based on motion.

I have one contact sensor connected to Home mode, and nothing else. It is on my garage and I am using Simple Commands to arm Home at 11pm, and then to disarm at 7am. Works well. Does that need to be disabled somehow if I go away for a few days & set Away mode before I leave? ie: what will happen at 11pm if the system is already set to Arm mode?

Please pass this on!

Disarm and Arm Ring alarm anytime!

Create a routine on the Alexa app

Follow these steps, works 100% of the time!

The photos may be out of order, but you get the idea.

image|230x500

2 Likes

Hi I am also in agreement with this poster. I was wondering if there has been any progress made with a “schedule” feature?

Hey neighbors. We do not have scheduling for Mode changes at this time. I suggest creating a Feature Request for this in our Feature Request board. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

Most recently, we’ve collected data from the Feature Request Board to bring you the Geofence Ring app feature. Thank you for your feedback!

So this feature is requested one and half year back but not implemented till now?