Disabling siren permanently

Disabling siren permanently

1 Like

I don’t want siren going off period … how do I disable it ??

1 Like

Hi @Joecg! The Siren is a critical feature of the Alarm system and cannot be altered or muted. You can, however, choose not to arm the system, and operate via device alerts and audible chirp sounds. If you want to use the modes for Alarm but do not want a chance of triggering the Siren, your exist and entry delays can be altered to allow plenty of time between arming and disarming. Keep in mind, if your Alarm is triggered in an armed mode, and not disarmed prior to the entry/ exit delay running out, the Siren will sound. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

There really should be an option to disable the siren for those living in apartments.

2 Likes

Hi @Dldadrizzle. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

I just got RING device and wrongly assumed (my fault) that there was a way to disable it. In the end I took the lid off (WILL void your warranty I am sure) and unplugged the speaker. It means no sound comes from the based station now, but it works for my purpose, which is to alert me by calling me on my mobile (which will also get through Do Not Disturb mode when I am asleep), so that I can sort it out myself (parents are near if it calls me when I am out of the house), and avoid annoying the neighbours or waking up the children for a false alarm at night. It also means I can test it a lot easier, as I couldnt test the “call emergency contact” feature without having the leave the siren blasting out for a few minutes, neighbours would have loved that! I also think it better to not scare off burglers so that you can get a good video of them and catch them red handed. Pointless them running off just to go and break into another house, better to catch them I say.

I just need to figure out how to turn off the keypad siren as that is also loud. I considered letting the keypad battery run out and not bother with it, as I couldnt get the keypad case apart. (we only use the app as it saves having to enter a pin when you want to ARM it! I never got the point of that!). Hopefully when the keypad dies, the rest of the system still works. We will see.

1 Like

In the same way as Steve, I unplugged the speaker. Please, add a flag on app for this feature.

1 Like

Granted it was really easy to do. But voids any warranties for sure. I remember when the serious outage happened not so long ago, some users were complaining they couldnt turn their alarm siren off because the network was down!

indeed the siren should be disabled. Also it’s not a good idea have the siren near the base unit as a thief can understand where the control unit is. One of the principles of alarm systems is to keep the control unit and the siren in different places. Please add this feature in the next hardware firmware update. Maybe when the alarm is enabled the voice prompt reminds you when the siren is disabled just as security check

1 Like

Hey neighbors. At this time, there is not an option to adjust the volume of the Ring Alarm siren or to disable it. If you want to monitor the Sensors at your home without worry of the alarm going off, you can use the system in Disarmed mode and the siren won’t trigger. As we appreciate all the feedback we get, we have a Feature Request board that we use to gather and share ideas with our teams here. Please add your vote and comments to the request to adjust the siren volume below. Thank you! :slight_smile:

I set my ring cameras to the disarm mode and tested the siren to see if it would still go off and it did.

@steve.camberley hey could you give me a brief overview of how you opened it? I want to do it without breaking the device/case. I unscrewed the battery, then took the screw out of the back of the battery, what’s next?

@steve.camberley figured it out!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.