Disabling low temp alert for flood sensor doesn’t work

Two issues with the Ring flood / freeze sensors.

First, every once in a while, low temperature alerts get re-enabled on their own.

Second, sometimes even when low temperature alerts show as disabled in the Ring app, the base station will still announce “low temperature detected” on occasion.

I have two of these sensors under my furnaces in the attic to detect leaks, but it’s normal for my attic to go below freezing and I don’t want to be alerted about it. I’m glad Ring gave us an option to turn off freeze alerts, but I need the settings to actually work. I’ve had this issue on and off for years. Why is it so difficult to fix once and for all? Anyone have any tips?

Hi @gtg465x. For your concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Our support team will be able to take a more in-depth look into your ongoing concern.

Heck no. I’m not wasting my time calling support. I figured out that the low temp alert just needed to be cleared, but that’s not obvious after you’ve disabled low temp alerts. Really, disabling low temp alerts should also clear any existing low temp alerts.

Also, does Ring not have an email or webpage to report bugs? I want to report that the low temp alerts automatically turn themselves back on at least once per year… not sure if it’s during updates or what. I don’t need support with the issue, so again, I’m not wasting my time on the phone with them… I just want to report the bug and get the information to their engineers so they can fix it.