Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
G
Disabling low temp alert for flood sensor doesn’t work
trending
device-settings
alarm
cs-support
base-station
Two issues with the Ring flood / freeze sensors. First, every once in a while, low temperature alerts get re-enabled on their own. Second, sometimes even when low temperature alerts show as disabled in the Ring app, the base station will still announce “low temperature detected” on occasion. I have two of these sensors under my furnaces in the attic to detect leaks, but it’s normal for my attic to go below freezing and I don’t want to be alerted about it. I’m glad Ring gave us an option to turn off freeze alerts, but I need the settings to actually work. I’ve had this issue on and off for years. Why is it so difficult to fix once and for all? Anyone have any tips?

17-11-2022 03:31:27

Responses (12)

J
Hi @gtg465x. For your concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406) for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support. Our support team will be able to take a more in-depth look into your ongoing concern.

18-11-2022 06:01:19

G
Heck no. I’m not wasting my time calling support. I figured out that the low temp alert just needed to be cleared, but that’s not obvious after you’ve disabled low temp alerts. Really, disabling low temp alerts should also clear any existing low temp alerts. Also, does Ring not have an email or webpage to report bugs? I want to report that the low temp alerts automatically turn themselves back on at least once per year… not sure if it’s during updates or what. I don’t need support with the issue, so again, I’m not wasting my time on the phone with them… I just want to report the bug and get the information to their engineers so they can fix it.

22-11-2022 02:38:52

J
I have experienced the same thing. I have a ring moisture sensor in the drain pan under my water heater in the attic and I have disabled low temperature alerts for it a few times in the past year and a half. It is either tied to firmware/software updates or it happens automatically every so many months. This has happened at least twice already this winter. Hope they see our issue and get it fixed.

24-01-2023 11:41:50

E
Same issue with freeze in attic. Have turned off freeze in both drain pans no less than the times in the app and continue to get awakened by ring calls at 2,3,4 in the morning including this morning. It's a good idea for the freeze water combination, but the attic is going to get into the 30s here without worry. Fix the software/firmware issue. No one wants to call tech support for something like this when that is clearly where the issue lies. And I am tired of ring scaring the hell out of my household with their trouble calls.

18-02-2023 01:30:12

U
I am having the exact same issue, STILL! We disable them, snooze them, etc. I go in, turn off all alarms, save the settings, and a week or so later the same thing is happening again. Go back to settings and it's enabled. This is happening at 2 different base station locations.

18-02-2023 02:53:09

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User