Disable timeline view is super annoying!

I saw the solution to remove this but evertime I update the app I reset the settings. This is getting super annoying now where I have to look up how to remove it. Either improve on the app or remove it complely.

Here is some actual feedback on the timeline view. On the timeline, its not user friendly to school thorugh day by day. Tha’ts why the event history works so much better, I can see a list.

Who does your design work? Most of the design on your app has a white background and only the timeline view has a black background. Please have your project managers work together and make it seem like its one product instead of two (or three). If you can’t improve on it, maybe you should just scrap it and make something else. Don’t force it, if it doesn’t work. Investing in something that doesn’t work is a waste of time and money.

Previous fix
"You can now disable the Event History Timeline view if you do not like it. You can find this under your Ring app > Main Menu > Account! If you scroll down, you can toggle this off. "

Hey @aaron1515. Thank you so much for your feedback on this! I will make sure to pass this onto the appropriate team in hopes that the app can remember if you have choose to disable timeline view so you do not have to continue to disable it. :slight_smile:

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

Once again the Timeline feature is active with no way to disable it. Please advise how to disable this annoying feature!

Yes! Please give us a way to disable this annoying feature…I can no longer disable this.
Not everyone uses the Timeline…I can see everything I need to know in history at a glance.
Its just an extra step that I dont need…I hope you will eventually allow us to disable.

The function to toggle the Event History Timeline on or off has been discontinued. Our teams are always working hard to add to and improve the Ring experience, for all neighbors.

The Event History Timeline is a great feature designed to give neighbors easy access to all of the events recorded by an owned or shared camera. To learn more about using the Event History Timeline, check out our Help Center article.

The timeline view is terrible, not interested in using it. Why would you not give users the option to default to event history when the event history view is still available. Now it just requires more clicks to get there. Not a good user experience. Maybe you need to hire a new UI/UX team. The canned answer that I see on all the other posts about this is garbage.

The event timeline feature is NOT a great feature, it’s a terrible feature and so many people don’t want to use it… So give us the option to turn it off. Is it so hard?

Bring back the option to disable event history timeline view. This is the worst “update” by far. The event history timeline view you have forced on us does not work for me or many others. Scrolling at the end of the day to find an event that took place in the early morning hours is ridiculous. If the option to disable will not be brought back please let us know so we can stop wasting our time and move on…

bb54d56f1d55bc1fd5653200749af9 -

I’m trying to understand exactly why some users are so adamantly opposed to the Timeline feature. Is it because:

• You constantly use the Live Event feature but rarely look at existing video clips and/or
  • You are unhappy that the Timeline feature does not include any type of “Time of Day” filter(s) and/or
  • Flipping through screens containing video clips is a slower process than flipping through screens with text and/or
  • You are attempting to view video clips on a very small screen

Interestingly, I’m surprised you consider this the worst update by far… considering the serious bugs, poor design decisions, undesirable “features”, etc. that have been introduced in various updates.

It would obviously be nice if both the History and Timeline features had sophisticated Start/End Day/Time features, but unfortunately, that is not the case. (For example, it would be great if there was quick/easy way to view video clips with time stamps beginning yesterday at 6:00 pm until this morning at 6:00 am.)

In the meantime, have you tried using the “Calendar” button on the Timeline screen? Although it’s not terribly sophisticated, it does allow you to view video clips beginning with the first video clip on the selected day.