Disable audio recording for motion but still allow two way talk

I’m using the peephole cam

Is there a way to disable audio recording when motion is detected but still allow two way talk to work? I disabled audio because I don’t want each motion detection to be recorded but then I was unable to hear the person at the door when using two way talk.

Hi @Jaydensmith! When disabling audio recording via the privacy settings in your Ring app, your two way audio toggles should still be present during a live stream. When viewing live events, if audio is still not working, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. This will ensure the app is up to date, as well as all permissions related to audio can be accepted.

Wifi connection can also impact audio and video communication. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. Please also ensure bluetooth is not enabled on your mobile device. Once you’ve checked these variables, test a live view with the Disable Audio Recording feature enabled, and initiate two way audio via the green answer button during the live stream. Test audio, and let us know if this can be heard both live and in the recording. :slight_smile: