Dirty lens

My spotlight cam has a kaleidoscope effect when the sun is out and a shadow around the view other times, I’ve tried wiping the lens with a damp cloth and it didn’t work. Any suggestions ?

Hi @KLove65. Would you mind sharing a screenshot showing an example of what your Camera’s view looks like? This way another neighbor or a member of our team can provide some helpful suggestions on ce we have a better idea of what you’re seeing. :slight_smile:

Hi there, @KLove65! This looks like it might be due to the lighting you described. With much of the environment being normal, or shaded, the sunlight might be more emphasized, especially with a direct line of sight to it. As a test, try placing your Camera elsewhere in this area, facing different angles, and test live views to see if lens adjustment improves with any physical alterations to view. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The camera is hardwired moving it is not an option. This just happened this Winter season it has been fine up until now, the sun has never left a glare prior to season but whatever is going on with the lens now is being effected by the sun.

With this glare occurring only with this sun, does this mean your night or low light videos are fine? If there is any snow in the field of view, I’ve seen other neighbors share that it can be reflective or brighter. If the lens seems to be impacted more than usual, and not adjust as intended other times, the best next step will be to reach out to our support team.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

This is happening to me too. Have had the hardwired floodlight cam for 5 years & have always had clear images until recently (last week or so). Smudged & blurry image is both day/night and does not improve with Zeiss cleaning cloths.
What can be done?

Screenshot attached.