Different tones for contact sensor for app alerts?

Is there a way to change the app alert notifications on your phone for contact sensors?

Using an android and it looks like I’m stuck with one app alert notification tone for all the contact sensors.

The ring cameras allow you to change the alert for motion or ring. Wish the contact sensors would do the same.

Hi @phamine. To change the sound your Contact Sensor makes, follow these steps. First, open the Ring app then select- Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Contact Sensor > Chirps. You’ll be able to select a new tone and tap Save on the top of the screen. I hope this helps!

@tom_ring

The solution you provided are alerts for the keypad and base station where there are 5 tones.

They are not app alerts (notifications). A notification for one contact sensor is the same as another within Android. Is it possible to differentiate the notifications similar to the ring doorbells for “ring” and “motion”?

Hey @phamine. I apologize for the misunderstanding. The alert tones for the Contact Sensors are not able to be changed. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!