Differences between Base Unit Gen 1 vs Gen2

I bought a Gen 2 and devicese to swap out my Gen 1 Ring 1 Alarm.

Visually the Gen 1 ad Gen 2 base units look similar and possibly are nearly the same. I suppose there may be some changes internally that I am not aware.

So my question is regarding the differences if any between Gen 1 and Gen 2.

Are there any differences, such as features, software, hardware, battery etc… differences between the two Base units?

Reason I ask, since the Gen 2 devices are all back ward compatible i could keep the Gen 1 base and swap out all the Gen 1 devices for Gen 2 devices.

Would i be missing out on something?

The main reason for not installing the Gen 2 base is I can swap each devices one at a time over a period of days without taking the alram completely down then having to add every devices at the same time.

Gen 1 and Gen 2 are interchangeable. You can use Gen 2 devices with a Gen 1 base. The Gen 2 sensors are smaller and use button cell batteries. The Gen 2 keypad has dedicated emergency buttons and the Gen 2 motion is supposedly better to ignore pets.

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040149572-FAQs-about-Ring-Alarm-2nd-generation

What made you switch to a Gen 2 kit? Honestly no reason to purchase a kit unless you had many sensors to add and a deal was available that made it cheaper by buying a kit.

I know the difference between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 devices.

The question is what is the technical difference between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 base unit.