Device won't set up - already registered to myself

Ring notifications stopped working since i changed internet provider. when trying to setup the new connect through the ring app, my device is not showing, only location. I choose “set up new device” go through all the steps only for the app to tell me my device is already registered to another owner (myself). I have tried factory reset, and running the set up multiple times and it will not work. What am i doing wrong?

1 Like

This is an odd situation to hear about, @hvenus! As long as you are using the proper account in the Ring app, a Ring device that was set up on that account should show. Under your locations, double check that there is not a duplicate location that might be showing your Ring device. Try also removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. If this concern persists, check out our change of ownership help center article to see if these steps resolve this concern. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am in the same boat myself - can not connect to register amazon echo 2nd the purchasing account and if you try to register it on a different account it won’t work. Although it did have to install an update immediately upon setup, which took.

I have the same issue, changed my wifi pw and i get the same message every time, showing ring is already registered, to me. what can i do to fox this

1 Like

Has anyone found a fix? I get a registration error when I try to login to my Amazon account on echo. Amazon couldn’t get it to work after 2 hours of trying their customer service.

Exact same issue. Got nowhere with help line today, still unresolved. Why can’t they just tell me fix instead of saying they have technical difficulties, please ring back!!

This Topic should not be marked as Solved. I did everything the articles says and I still can not set up my device. It still says I need to ask the registered owner ,even though I am the registered owner. This solution does not work. I am fed up with all the issues Ring has. There has to be a way to fix this.

Hi @Xitlalic. If you are signed into the correct Ring account, you should not be receiving this message. If the troubleshooting tips in the marked solution do not help, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Hmm 2023 and I would like to set up my cameras that I haven’t used in a while. They don’t recognize me as the owner and I own them.

Hi @KatBells. As mentioned by Caitlyn, if you are the owner and are not able to set up your own devices because the app is telling you they have another owner, then reach out to our support team for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.