Device won't set up - already registered to myself

Ring notifications stopped working since i changed internet provider. when trying to setup the new connect through the ring app, my device is not showing, only location. I choose “set up new device” go through all the steps only for the app to tell me my device is already registered to another owner (myself). I have tried factory reset, and running the set up multiple times and it will not work. What am i doing wrong?

1 Like

This is an odd situation to hear about, @hvenus! As long as you are using the proper account in the Ring app, a Ring device that was set up o that account should show. Under your locations, double check that there is not a duplicate location that might be showing your Ring device. Try also removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. If this concern persists, check out our change of ownership help center article to see if these steps resolve this concern. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I am in the same boat myself - can not connect to register amazon echo 2nd the purchasing account and if you try to register it on a different account it won’t work. Although it did have to install an update immediately upon setup, which took.