Device tampered

Getting device tampered from one of the ring contact sensors very often. After I close and reopen the doors it goes away some times. At times it makes me to remove and refix battery to fix the issue.
Anyone had better solution?

Hi there, @Vaxanthsub! A tampered device indicator is usually a sign of the cover being loose or taken off the sensor. I recommend checking the mounting area to ensure nothing is brushing or obstructing the Contact Sensor. While it should not cause a tampered message, it’s always good to check distance between the Contact Sensor and the Base Station to confirm signal is optimal. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, I had this on a sensor that was screwed onto a flat wall. The screws were quite tight and I think it distorts the back plate slightly so the tamper doesnt engage.
If you have something similar slacken the mounting screws off slightly and then put the sensor back onto the plate.

Thank you @Marley_Ring, I was gonna ask the same question. I have also had the same problem. Some I have been able to just fix by using the check the connection, location and battery techniques. Unfortunately, I have one that just won’t arm. this has happened to this particular device several times throughout the nine months we have had ring. Any other suggestions?

Hi there, @Sweetandsour142! If you’ve tried everything mentioned above, see if this Contact Sensor Troubleshooting Article helps. I forgot to mention, there are times when an Alarm device is updating its firmware and a tamper message may show while the update is taking place.

If this concern persists, and is not explained by an update or signal strength, the next best step will be to reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I also had this problem of a loose sensor.

In the end I designed my own collar to keep the contact sensor in place
Feel free to download the 3D print file here:
thingiverse.com/thing:4904445

I printed it in white to match the original Ring look.

Hope this helps!
-James

IMG_4557 (1) cropped white

this happens for me a lot…that sensor cover becomes loose overtime and shows tampered. Then i push it back and it becomes ok. Is there a way to fix it?

Hi @user19982. There may be something in your Contact Sensor that is damaged and causing it to not stay closed. If you’ve already checked the Contact Sensor itself and made sure the cover is snapped firmly in place, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.