Device show as offline

Hi neighbors! Thanks for sharing your feedback here. With a device showing as offline, you’ll first want to check the RSSI and make sure it’s within an acceptable range. You can find more information RSSI in our Community Post on it here, as well as in our Help Center Article here. If your Ring device has a high RSSI, this can indicate an unstable wifi connection which can cause the connection to intermittently go out. Improving the RSSI is the first step in ensuring that your Ring maintains a solid internet connection.

Additionally, you can find more tips and tricks on wifi in this Help Center Article. If you’re using a 5.0GHz network, I’d suggest trying a 2.4GHz network instead as it has a farther effective range while still providing sufficient speeds for your Ring device. You can always contact your internet service provider if you have any questions about what type of wifi network you have, including what internet speeds are included in your plan.

If none of these suggestions help and your Ring device is still consistently showing as offline despite both the device and your phone or tablet having a good internet connection, it may be best to reach out to our support team so they can take a deeper look. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I’ll be marking this post as a solution so it’s easier for neighbors to find all of the information I’ve shared, as well as contact information for our support team, in one spot. :slight_smile: