Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
J
User Solution
Closed
Device sharing #2
hardwired-video-doorbell
shared-users
troubleshooting

I want my wife to be able to view every feature of our ring video doorbell that is available to me in

the app on her phone.
I have created a “Ring” account for her. On my app I have sent her an invitation as a shared user. She accepts and is asked to input a verification code. Annoyingly this code has to be generated by me. When she enters this code she is told it is invalid or expired. After multiple trials she (we) have got to the point where she has to add a device! What I expected was that she would immediately see what I see when I open the Ring App on her app. Does she really have to go through all the business of scanning the doorbell’s QR code (which will involve taking the device off the wall!) or have I done something wrong? This rigmarole is a real pain!

31-01-2024 07:09:56

Responses (2)

J
User Solution

I managed to sort this out - eventually. The problem was when I sent the invite, my wife was notified and on clicking on “manage” was sent to a screen headed “Shared Users” with no indication what to do next except press another button marked “manage” Anyway I eventually found our way to a screen that said “Accept” no idea how. but all ok after that. I would suggest that “Accept” be on the next screen after the “manage” one!

01-02-2024 11:19:37

T

Hi @JamesAB. Glad you were able to figure that out and thank you for this valuable feedback!

02-02-2024 04:10:12

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

03-03-2024 04:10:17

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User