Device health report not working

When I click on the device health report under device health it takes me to the web page for help and support instead what it use to do which is show me if WiFi signal and everything else was working ok with that device. This has been going on for several days now. Have they removed this feature? Does anyone have any info regarding this that they’d be kind of enough to share. As I’ve been having issue with random following of schedules for floodlights I wanted to check the “health” of my floodlight can in the iOS app and it’s just not functioning correctly anymore. It just takes you to the general help and support web page. Thank you in advance for any help one has with this issue.

Still works on Android but I’m getting the same thing as you on my iPad.

As for the problems with random schedules for the floodlight cams, call support. This seems to be affecting a random swath of people, as I see it about every 3 days from someone on reddit, and support has more access and can actually look at your account and check detailed network info, including dropped frames, connection speeds, bitrate, etc.

1 Like

It sounds like you are both experiencing something similar, we will certainly bring this to the attention of our App team. If this continues, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the application to ensure it is up to date.

Many of those buttons lead to alternative URLs, which are as follows:
• “Test Your Wi-FI”: bandwidthplace.com
• “Troubleshoot Notifications”: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/210266406-How-to-Troubleshoot-Ring-Notification-Issues-for-iOS-Devices
• “Ring System Status”: status.ring.com

I hope this information helps, feel free to report any further observations here.

The app is up to date. It just feels like you all broke the link in the iOS app for device health and so it just takes you to a generic help and support page (actually what looks like the landing page for any help and support). I think it’s something that is on your end or rather in the IOS app itself… I appreciate you letting the app dev team know about it.

Thank you.

1 Like

Same issue … device health for the door camera doesn’t work … immediately bounced back to overall device screen! What’s going on?

I deleted the entire app and then reinstalled it again. Then it would connect to the camera as well as allowing the “device health” function to operate. Strange!

2 Likes

Hi @Kelly-Al. Glad to hear that removing and reinstalling the Ring app worked for you! :smiley:

Was going to ask a similar question too. I’ve got a workstation that has a smaller SSD, and as a result it’s almost full and giving me a low storage space option. Turning on the new Storage Sense doesn’t satisfy it, it’s still giving me a warning like there’s something wrong. Hopefully there’s some way to dismiss it.

Same here.

Device health was not working on my iphone, pushing the button immediatly jumped back to the main menu.

Reinstalling the app solved the issue.

Device health not working again for stickup cams but is ok for doorbell. Network connections ok, all devices show online at least. And video works fine on all devices. Reinstalling app does not resolve issue. Can’t get any device health report for any of my cameras, just my doorbell and my chime.

1 Like

I installed the solar panel on my ring stickup cam today.
I did not check the Device Health before I connected the solar panel.
I opened the Device Health and I am only getting a blank screen.
My phone is an iPhone.
I removed and reinstalled the Ring App.
That did not resolve the problem.

2 Likes

Same thing here. Checked device health on my stick up cam and all I got was a blank screen. Tried everything. Same results every time, contacted ring support and problem has been escalated to higher level of support. I’ve been working on it for 2 days. It. Only my ring stick up cam is affected. All other cams an doorbells are ok.

I’m not able to see the device health page of my stick up cams in the iOS app. When I first installed them I could see that page but now it just shows a blank page. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and have the same results.

Same issue for stickup cam and IOS. Uninstalling app doesn’t fix it.

I noticed this as well. I think this issue started with the last update to the IOS app. My Ring Video Doorbell - 2020 Release (as it is called in the app) is still reporting health information. My other 6 Stick up cam’s with batteries and solar no longer do. When I select the “Device Health”, I just get a blank page on all 6.

Same thing, this morning it worked fine and this afternoon it was gone when I was checking connection. I also uninstalled and reinstalled and also reconnected the camera still nothing,

I am having same problem with my battery/solar stick up camera. Device Health screen is blank using my iPhone XS. (Doorbell device health works.) I tried using my iPad (6th gen) and it shows the Device Health info for both. iPad is running version 14.2 - iPhone is running 14.71. Must be problem with iOS

I too am having the same blank screen on my device health for the stick up cam battery on both my iPad running iOS 14.7.1 and iPhone running iOS 14.7.1. Both were working fine and then stopped one yesterday afternoon. How can this be fixed. Reinstalled the app and it still doesn’t work. Can someone please help.

Same here. My doorbell camera works fine but my outdoor stickup camera is giving me a blank screen for both the device health and when checking the battery level from the solar panel. I also noticed it stopped alerting me to any motion and also won’t record it. I turned off and back on both the motion and recording toggle buttons. It worked for a few minutes but stopped again. Restarting my phone and uninstalling/reinstalling the app didn’t help.

Device health screen is blank after updating app. I haven’t updated the app on my iPad and can still see my device health.

Something is broken with the latest update.

Is there a way to roll back to the previous release?