device for table top to show who is at the door

I have a ring pro doorbell. My wife has MS and is slow to get to the door. Is there any device that I can leave on my end table that is on all the time and the ring doorbell will automatically show on this device who is at the door. I have an amazon echo and firestick and I know I can ask Alexa to show who is at the door and the camera will show on my tv who is at the door. The problem with this is by the time my wife remebers how to switch from roku to firestick and then ask alexa to show who is at the door that person has already left. This has caused me to miss some deliveries. I need a device that I can leave on the counter top that will automatically show who is at the door, that way she could see immediatly and if needed tell them to wait a second she is on the way. I know the google nest will do this with their camera and their nest monitor.

2 Likes

If you have already enabled the amazon alexa skill, then all you need is an amazon echo show (comes in 5" and 8" models). You can ask the echo show to view the camera, available with only voice, no need to switch anything.

1 Like

I do have the ring doorbell skill already enabled. Will the echo allow two way conversation? Will the new Amazon fire tablet 10 work also?

1 Like

Yes, the updated skill will now allow for 2 way conversation. As for the new tablet, I’d have to look into that.

1 Like

Yes, the echo show allows two-way communication. I do not know anything about the fire tablet.

1 Like

Yes, there are fire tablets that will work. 7th gen or above. The new 10 inch tablet is 9th gen. So it should work. One thing though. It seems like Amazon doesn’t have a dock for it yet. The new tablet uses a USB C connection and the only dock uses a micro USB connection.
You can read more about it here.
https://www.techjunkie.com/ring-doorbell-fire-tablet/

1 Like

7th Gen or newer Fire tablets have a “Show Mode” that allows them to funtion like an Echo Show device. You can then use the Ring Skill to use two way communication and receive ring and/or motion alerts, and check on the live view.

1 Like