Device doesn’t work. No contact details for support!

Firstly it is INFURIATING that there is no easy way to contact you - and that I am sent on a never ending circle of redirected links to the community bulletin boards when I click on “help” or “support”. This is a shockingly poor way to provide after care to customers once you’ve taken their money for the product.

My doorbell rang this morning and there is no footage - it simply shows a blank screen. My live feed won’t play back or display anything - just a rotating circle as it looks for the device. The door bell is charged and is 50cm from the wifi booster which is three meters away from my router, with no wall in between. How can I make this product work? It was totally useless this morning and a complete waste of money. Even ordinarily, when it was previously working, by the time the camera opened the caller had been and gone. Utterly useless.

Please provide some help as to how to make this product work.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this experience @Svvg. We are here to help! For Video connection and delivery concerns, the best first step is to check your Video Doorbell signal strength, or RSSI. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing signal.

Once wifi signal is confirmed as sufficient, the next best thing to check is mobile device and Ring app connection. Please ensure there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device and other apps on your device are closed. Try also removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device to check for updates and to optimize integration. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. There are no problems with signal strength and the device shows as connected. My app automatically updates and today the door bell camera works. Seemingly no reason for the drop out, inability to use it and now it suddenly works? How can I prevent it from doing this again?

Many thanks.

And is there a direct support contact email or telephone number please?

Hey @Svvg. Chiming in for Marley! There are a couple different variables that could have affected your Doorbell. It’s possible the device was updating the firmware and got stuck, eventually able to un-stick itself out of that spot. In addition, your wifi could have been not allowing the Ring device to connect at the time due to the poor connection your network may have happened (bad network in your area, partial outage, etc). If something like this ever happens again, we do recommend to call out support team.

For that, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Hope this helps for future or if you’d still like to call to ensure everything with the Doorbell is as it should be! :slight_smile:

Thank you for this - especially for the contact numbers.

1 Like