Delete previous address crime notifications

We have moved to a different state. I have deleted that device and updated my account with our new information and updated the app settings, but continue receiving crime notifications from the old address and don’t get them for the new address.

How do I delete the notifcations for the old address?

4 Likes

Hi @azjojo. Currently, there isn’t an option to delete a previous neighborhood, but you are able to turn off alerts for a neighborhood that you no longer wish to receive them for.

Here are the steps:

• Go into your Ring App
  • Go to the three lines at the top left and click on Neighbors
  • Click on the gear icon at the top right
  • Find the neighborhood you no longer wish to have alerts for and select “Alert Preferences”
  • For schedule, turn this to Off
  • Under Alert Types, deselect all types.

You can find this same information in a similar thread on the Community here. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your response. The issue is that the old neighborhood has been completely removed and I still receive notifications

3 Likes

I have the same problem. The steps outlined by Caitlyn_Ring do not address the issue of receiving notifications and feed items from an old location after removing it from the App. The steps above would remove notifications from the new location as well.

2 Likes

@Caitlyn_Ring i’m having the same issue. The troubleshooting steps did not work.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! If the troubleshooting steps listed above don’t do the trick, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

If anyone finds an answer, please post it here! Thank you :blush:

Called customer service about it, last recommendation after all that is mentioned here:

Directly from the notification, find an “unsuscribe from notification” option or anything similar. use the three dots on the top right corner or look through the notification. when/if I get another notification from an old deleted address I’ll look for it and try and report back.

2 Likes

I’m having the same exact issue. My neighborhood notifications are all turned off, but I’m STILL receiving notifications from my previous neighborhood. There is absolutely no reference to my old neighborhood in my Ring App, my new location is correct and is the only location on my account. Waiting for Ring to offer a solution to this, or fix it outright.

Unfortunately, if you have already removed the neighborhood from your list (which would seem like the most common logical step) this solution doesn’t work. I can’t think of ANY instance in which someone would delete a neighborhood from their account but still want to receive notifications about it. This is clearly a bug in the app that should be fixed. When deleting a neighborhood, notifications should automatically stop.

3 Likes

I had the same issue, and the workaround is to recreate the old neighbor by setting up a new alarm base station. It’ll first ask you to create a neighborhood, after that you can abort the device setup. Then you’ll be able to turn off the alerts. But don’t delete the location otherwise the alerts will come back again.

Hoping someone will find a solution for this. I’m having the same issue but I’ve never lived in the location I’m getting notifications from. Everything in the app and on my account is correct, but all my notifications are for crimes in a location halfway across the country. I’ve contact Support numerous times where they had me remove and re-add my address, delete and reinstall the app, hard reset, but nothing has helped. I keep getting told the “backend team” is looking into it with no solution or follow-up. The only way I’ve found to make these notifications stop is to turn off Ring notifications completely from my phone, but then I am not notified when someone is at my door or rings my doorbell.

I’ve called support twice and I still get notifications that I cannot stop at all hours. SOMEONE NEEDS TO FIX THIS ASAP.