Delayed ring notification

Has anyone experienced Delayed notifications with their Ring? This has happened on numerous occasions where someone would ring my doorbell and about 3 to 5 minutes later we hear in on the devices inside and get the notifications??

2 Likes

I think one day this week I noticed the notification chime being delayed about a minute, but after that it’s worked correctly.

1 Like

Hi there, @DanitaR! The delay you are describing sounds quite long before the alert is received, and is certainly uncommon. A 3-5 minute delay on an alert should not happen at all. Please ensure there is not a vpn enabled on your mobile device, and test wifi connection versus cell data connection to see if one is better. If possible, try receiving alerts on another mobile device, Ring Chime, or Alexa device to test how alerts are delivered to multiple different devices.

We always recommend checking your wifi signal strength or RSSI in the Ring app, to ensure there is not interference, but also, confirm the video of the event is recording and showing in the event history for the proper time the event took place. This will confirm that your Ring device is attempting to deliver video/ notifications for an event on time. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: