Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
S
User Solution
Delayed ring notification, again
hardwired-video-doorbell
app-settings
android
troubleshooting
notifications

Hi,

Continuing from Delayed ring notification, I am experiencing the same issues on a Google Pixel 7 Pro. There is no VPN on the phone, the wifi access points and signal are excellent, and all other devices (including a Chime Pro, a Samsung S20+, and various Echo devices) respond in an acceptable (not quick) time frame of a few seconds.

I suspect this is because the application on this specific phone is put into a deep sleep state. For example, if I wake up the app and the Ring doorbell is pressed, a notification is received simultaneously with all the other devices. However, the notification will be delayed after a while of inactivity with the app. Of course, when you get a delayed notification, the person at the door is long gone.

TBH, beyond the notification time, the connection time to view and talk to anyone via the Ring doorbell is too slow. Load-up times are getting on for 20/30+ seconds. This is the same for both phones and an Alexa Show. The Alex Show feed sometimes doesn’t establish properly, with Alexa saying, “Something is wrong with the camera feed” (or similar). RSSI is good and green, so there is nothing wrong there. FWIW, this is repeated in my YouTube tests, whereas other manufacturers show consistently quicker notification and connection times.

Can RIng resolve these issues?

12-01-2024 11:19:03

Responses (5)

J
User Solution

Hi @swinster. You can also try rebooting your Doorbell using the Ring app to see if it helps. Also reboot your router by unplugging it from power for a few seconds and plugging it back in. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call to further investigate this with you.

15-01-2024 05:20:10

S

Thanks, Justin, although I have been through all of this. Indeed, I have also gone through the uninstall/re-install process to no avail. I previously talked to the support team about this, but unfortunately, they did not provide any resolution.

15-01-2024 07:14:34

Z

I have the same problem with de Google pixel 8 pro about a month. The iPhone from my wife gets instantly an notification and also the chime. My pixel has no activated VPN.

25-02-2024 06:13:31

J

Hi @Zwollywood. If you have tried the steps mentioned in this thread and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

26-02-2024 07:41:35

T

Same, Google Pixel 7, notifications are nearly a minute after every other device in the house. I too suspect this is a Google Problem, but Ring should test with matching hardware and offer a workaround. Please provide a public fix/solution to this (not “reboot your doorbell” nonsense) so that people aren’t reaching out to support for such a common issue. :heart:

31-03-2024 03:52:27

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

30-04-2024 03:53:09

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User