Delayed notifications - Samsung

Hi guys

Recently past month my Samsung Note20 has been really delayed on motion/ring notifications. Just today it was 2 minutes delayed before my phone pinged motion at front door. The recording shows 1522, but was 1524 when notification came through.

I have battery optimisation disabled for the app etc. This doesn’t happen on my partners huwaei phone, just my Samsung

Any ideas? I’ve tried the usual uninstall and reinstall but still the same. Thanks

Nope, never used (and just checked to make sure not enabled itself by accident)

About a week ago, I also started noticing delayed motion notifications after setting up my “do not disturb” feature for the first time on my Samsung S10 (Android 11). Roughly around the same time, I recall receiving a Samsung OTA software update. Just moments ago, while exploring my Settings, I noticed that another Samsung software patch update was available, which I promptly downloaded. While messing with my phone, I also noticed that I forgot to toggle off USB Debugging the last time I transferred files – so I toggled it off.

I’m not sure whether any of these things matter WRT my delayed notifications, but I hope to find out soon.

Still suffering with this. Notifications can be instant, and some can be up to 2 minutes delayed. No pattern to what is happening and can’t figure out why. Rssi is healthy on 5ghz bands with 58 and 55 respectively for doorbell and floodlight cam

Did you ever get resolution? I have the same issue with a Samsung phone: Notifications are delayed if the phone is asleep. If the phone is on/active, the notifications come through quickly as expected.

Hi neighbors. Delayed notifications can have different causes. First, we recommend verifying that both your Ring device and your phone have a strong and stable connection. We have more information on checking the wifi signal strength on your Ring device here. If your phone doesn’t have a good connection, this will also impact how quickly notifications arrive.

Additionally, explore your phone’s settings for anything that may affect notifications. This can include things like battery saving or battery optimizing settings, as these can stop background processes and prevent notifications. Some Android phones may also have notification limits, where you can only have a certain number of notifications in the tray before new ones do not alert you.