Delay in recording getting worse

It now takes around 10 seconds for my ring doorbell to start recording when someone approaches. Recently my neighbor walked up to the door, unlocked the door and deadbolt and it did not start recording until the door was closing. Did not pick him up on the recording until he was coming back out. I’ve reset it several times and nothing changes. Any suggestions?
(I tried uploading the video but could not figure how to change the format)

2 Likes

Hey @LDThompson. I would love to see this video example. If you have it saved as an MP4, can you compress it to a ZIP file to attached here, as ZIP files are allowed. You can also upload it elsewhere and share a link here, like sharing it to Youtube. In addition, please let me know what your motion settings are set to, please.

Hope this link works

https://ring.com/share/6839458470802801186

I am having the exact same issue - motion sensitivity is MAX, all motion detection zones are ON, motion verification is currently ON, motion frequency is STANDARD.

@LDThompson Thank you so much for that video! It does look like the wall to the right is obstructing the view and affecting the Doorbell’s ability for motion detection. Could you install a Corner Kit to angle the Doorbell more out and away from the wall? Please also check out our Help Center Article here for more information on how to properly place the Doorbell 2.

Hi @HB66. What does the Live View look like for you? Could you also show me a video example of what the delay looks like for you? I also recommend turning off motion verification to see if it helps, as well as put your Motion Frequency to Frequent and see if this helps! :slight_smile:

Chelsea,

The current location is the only place I can install the doorbell. I do have the corner kit installed. The problem has been getting worse with time. Attached is a video from 6-1 showing my cousin opening the door. (I was behind him with the key) It keeps taking longer to pick up any motion.

https://ring.com/share/6833463671415161378

@LDThompson Appreciate the follow up here and letting me know you already have the Corner Kit installed. Do you have 1 or 2 pieces installed? If you just have the one, I do encourage you to add another. It does seem like the view the camera has is why it is having a hard time picking up motion earlier than expected. This is because the camera doesn’t have a good enough view of your walkway. I understand that this was once better for you, so it may be a good idea to follow up with our support team on this.

For this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

https://ring.com/share/6839781220458164832

I was hoping to get notification of activity in my driveway and walking up my steps, but as you see I was almost inside the house before it started recording. If I turn off motion verification then I get notification of the cars on the street. The mailbox is where the street is. Just looking for a happy medium :slight_smile: thank you so much for your help! I’ve attached the live view also.

I’m having the same issue. It was working fine now everything is delayed. Kids just ding dong ditched my house. Thankfully that’s all it was but literally just see a kid running away not coming up to the door. Did you ever get the issue resolved?

Hi,

Not resolved completely. I have been playing with the motion settings that were suggested in this thread…sometimes it’s good, sometimes super delayed. May be a wifi issue? I’m hoping to hear back this week.

I have ordered an additional corner mount bracket. I do not think it will help because the camera will then pick up the other wall. Recently it completely missed a delivery person and yard worker who trimmed the hedges. I will post when I find out anything. It may be a while as this is at our condo (used as a security system) and we are not sure when we will get there.

Hi, i am also having the same issue with my 2020 release ring. Recordings dont start until the person is either at my door already or driving away. Very frustrating! I have all my settings to the max sensitivity too