Delay in new motion capture while processing previous motion?

My RIng 2 captures my car pulling in, but isn’t detecting me when I walk right up to it after I get out of my car. I wonder if it has more to do with the time it takes for me to get out of the car and create more motion. Is it “processing” my car pulling up, so is not ready to capture the next incident of motion?

1 Like

Good call @cammiriby ! That is most likely what is happening. When our device triggers motion and begins recording, it is also working to maintain wifi connection, deliver audio/ video to your phone/ app, send notifications to your phone/ app, and of course save the recordings. During this 30 seconds of recording it will not interrupt for another motion as that would likely interfere with the video already processing.

After the recording is done, the device must return back to it’s idol state, and wait to confirm network connection to prepare for another event. There is a setting in the app, under Device Settings > Motion Settings, called Motion Frequency. This setting will allow you to alter how frequently motion will capture following an event. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: