Delay in alerts for rings of doorbell and motion alerts

Delay in alerts for rings of doorbell and motion alerts

To add more context I have a ring doorbell at the front and back of my home and both are set up to the same system as front and back. Back works perfectly for all alerts but front is very delayed for both types (despite me trouble shooting and having a strong wifi connection). Both are version 1 ring doorbells

It seems like I am having the same issue. I have ring doorbells (version 1) at the front and back door. They both used to work really well. I have even answered the front door while in China. Recently, the front door will almost never go live. If it does go live, our visitor is long gone. Motion alerts vary a lot. We may get alerts immediately or 10 minutes after the occurence. The back door always works.

During the covid issue, our ISP has increased our speed to 500Mbps. I can reliably stream music (while mowing the yard) or videos while out in front or back yard. If I view the history, all videos are there, and it doesn’t miss recording any ocurrences. I can no longer use it as a video doorbell.

Additionally, I believe the app used to work much more reliably as the old version (without the previews). I used to be able to switch back to the old version and it would improve the operation of the system. I am afraid the older version 1 doorbells may not work well with the newer app updates and added functions.

Right there!!

Why is there a 4-5 second delay between a peron coming up steps and the phone/pc alert?

(No, not Wi-Fi! My Wyze camera on same Wi-Fi has < .5 second delay.)

I can hear someone coming up my flight of steps from a floor above, but they are ringing the bell before my alert comes through on cell or PC.

Hey neighbors! You can try uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the Ring App. This can usually resolve notification issues, such as delays or a lack of notifications. If that doesn’t do the trick, please reach out to our support team for further assistance. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Nice try. Delete/reboot/restore does nothing. Ditto for PC.

Call help numbers? Last time I did that it was an ordeal with Ring saying nothing wrong followed by a big update later that fixed the problem. This is throw away. Ring even took away the funny holliday rings. No joy in Whoville.

So what doorbell do you reccomend as a replacement for my Ring? Nest? Simplysafe?