Defective contact sensor

I just bought a ring alarm kit with 5 pieces and bought 4 other contact sensor on the side. They are all 2nd generation. Our windows are a little too wide and its very tricky to place sensors on closed windows without indicating that they are open. We manage to place 3 of them and the fourth one was showing open regardless the way it was placed. We decided to open the 5th one and test it. It worked Just fine! I believe this sensor is defective and I would like a replacement. I have been trying to contact Ring with no luck. What should I do?

Hi @RitaSilva! Thank you for testing these variables with your Contact Sensor. I agree if your others are working just fine, this Contact Sensor should also be working as intended.

Try removing the Contact Sensor from the Ring app, and re-adding it, to see if this helps at all. To remove your Contact Sensor, follow these steps:

1. In the Ring app, tap Menu , then tap Devices , then tap Alarm Base Station , then tap the sensor you wish to remove.
  2. Tap the Gear icon on the top right corner, then tap Remove , then on the next screen tap **Remove ** again.
  3. Remove the cover from the device and remove the battery from the device.
  4. Wait a few seconds and then reinsert the battery.
  5. The app will let you know the device was removed.

Once it is removed, you can attempt to pair it to your Base Station again, in the Ring app. If this still does not work, please reach out to our support team by phone for further assistance. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi - I just bought a 10 piece gen-2 system and all but one off the contact sensors are working. I’ve tried to reset the system, unplug battery to the one sensor and it still is showing offline? Can you mail me a new one please. I’ve spent more than 4 hours testing it and reviewing online material to find the solution. My other alternative is to disconnect all the pieces and take them all back to Costco for a full refund. Please help!

Hi there, @Chicago! You’ve reached the Ring Community, a public neighbor to neighbor forum. While there are Community team members and neighbors here to offer suggestions and guidance, our support team does not monitor this platform. As described in the solution above, the best next step will be to reach out to support team, who will be happy to help further! :slight_smile: