Dead Batteries

Purchased two battery powered Stick Up Cameras from Lowes, both batteries were dead out of the box so I charged them overnight. Went through the setup process with one camera the next day which completely drained the battery. Swapped out that battery with the fully charged one form the second camera and and I still got the dead battery message on the app. Plugged both batteries in the chargers and got the green and orange lights indicating they’re dead. How does a fully charged battery die in less then five minutes in the camera? Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a known issue with these cameras?

1 Like

Hey @lltudor. If you can, please reach out to our support team here via phone for this concern. They can ensure that all advanced troubleshooting is done to see what may be causing this concern on both of the devices and batteries for you. Let me know what they were able to sort out for you!

1 Like

Both batteries on my outdoor solar security camera and my battery on my wired ring doorbell need to be charged every two days! I am using the recommended settings using the least amount of battery. These Ring products have been a colossal waste of money. Ring’s customer support has also been horrible! Couldn’t imagine spending another penny on ring products.

Solareclipse, I don’t know how your experience is possible. I have snapshot off and everything set to periodical- The setting which utilizes the least amount of battery. Bought my last battery months ago. The batteries are all still dead every couple of days. I didn’t buy ring products to have to place everything on a setting using the least amount of battery- and even then Having to charge the batteries every couple of days. The only product that works well are my battery ring lights. I even have to charge my solar ring lights too frequently. Very disappointed with my purchases!

Hi @coop. The amount of time you go between charging the battery for your Ring device varies widely based on different factors such as the amount of activity your Ring device experiences, the settings, and even the weather. You can review some troubleshooting tips and tricks for unexpected battery drain in our Help Center Article here. If this concern persists, I’d recommend following up with our support team so they can help narrow down if the cause is with the Ring device itself or the battery. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.