Data download

I have recently downloaded the data history on my ring account. I have looked through the ‘event history’ on the specific date that I need. There is a long list of ‘events’ I have asked Ring if there is an index to explain what all the account events are. Unfortunately I haven’t had any success yet. Can anyone help at all? These are the ‘events’ listed that I am not sure what they mean:

• AppStartingTimeEvent
  • Partners-Fetch Partners Request
  • ExtendedAppStartingTimeEvent
  • LiveCallStatsMain
  • History- Fake Event on Timeline
  • HQ Event On Timeline
  • Timeline Loading State - LQ Loading
  • Timeline Loading State - LQ Frames Extracting
  • Timeline Loading State - UI Loading
  • HQ Event Starting Time
  • Timeline Loading State - Thumbnail Decoding
  • Timeline loading State - Footage Container Loading
  • Device Schedule New Badge Shown
  • Partners - screen open
  • Tapped Tile

Any help would be really appreciated.

Hey, neighbor! These are app logs, and are normal to see when downloading this data. While they look detailed, they are actually just pointing out specific checkpoints or Ring app changes, such as load screens, quality changes, or actions. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I’ve also recently downloaded my data the only event that I can’t seem to figure out is the “History-Fake Event on Timeline”. It seems a little strange to be something normal. Also, I’ve went through two years of data logs and there’s only a handful of time that the “History - Fake Event on Timeline” shows up. I personally find that a bit strange.

1 Like

Hi @user17246. Great question! I did some research and was able to find out some information regarding “History - Fake Event on Timeline”. This happens in the Ring app when you open the Event History Timeline shortly after a Live View. Sometimes, you’ll notice it says, “Video Processing-It will be available momentarily” (see the attached picture below). This is the “History - Fake Event on Timeline”. Think of this just as a placeholder on the backend while a video is processing. Overall, this is completely normal and will not negatively impact your Ring experience. If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask!