Dashboard does not show Security Modes

When I open the Ring app the dashboard will load the security modes momentarily then hides them. I can only see Add Ring Alarm Devices. Nothing I do will get that option to go away so I change the security mode using the app. I have an android, everything is up to date.

Hi @Tom1234. At the top center of the Ring App, does the location say All Cameras? If so, tap that and then select the correct location from the drop-down list and you should see the options to change the mode appear. If no, would you mind sharing a screenshot of what you see on the dashboard? I’d be happy to take a look. :slight_smile:

Here is a screenshot of the app. The location is set to the correct address, it says San Antonio, but if I click that I can see my address.

@Tom1234 Would you mind uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the Ring App? If that doesn’t resolve this, I’d recommend reaching out to our support team so they can take a closer look. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I get the same thing, the modes show for a few seconds then disappear behind Add New Devices.

I’m also having the same problem. Is there a solution? For my, my home location shows the modes and my cottage doesn’t. My cottage has a security alarm and my home only has cameras.

Faced the same exact issue. Talked to 4 different agents for over an hour and finally got disconnected. These folks don’t even know how their app works let alone solve. Funnily, they said mode option is no longer available on Dashboard. Really? I was setting the mode on dashboard just couple hours before I set up the base station. The mode is hidden behind after setting up the base station and these support folks have no clue that they have a bug.

Continuing the discussion from Dashboard does not show Security Modes:

For me the location setting from the dashboard was the answer. My options were All cameras and my home address. My home address was listed twice! So instead of All camera’s I chose one of my home addresses and it worked. The other home address didn’t work so I removed the duplicate. As a side note I had a duplicate because it was still set to my chime which I don’t need in my new home.

1 Like

Checking your locations in the Ring app was a great idea. Thank you for sharing your experience and solution with the Ring Community, @user3312! :slight_smile:

I’ve updated this thread with your feedback so other neighbors can quickly benefit from this solution, and will also be sharing with our teams here.