Customer Complaint about Ring Peephole Camera

I want to file a formal complaint about the poor customer service I received after my Ring peephole camera failed 1-month after the warranty expired.

I purchased the device in September 2020. The device failed October 2021 (this month). I initially contacted Ring customer service for technical assistance to troubleshoot why the device was no longer displaying updated images to the Ring website/app. The customer service rep states that after running a test, the device had an internal failure and that I needed to purchase a new device.

I informed the customer service rep that the device was only a year old and requested a replacement. I was informed that the device was out-of-warranty and the replacement option was no longer available for them. I requested to be escalated but was told the same thing by the supervisor who took the call.

I have purchased a new replacement Ring peephole device but I am dissatisfied: 1. The original device failed after 1-year of service; 2. The device was not replaced for free as the customer service rep has able to confirm that the device has activated in late September 2020; and 3. The cavalier attitude of the customer service reps I have interacted with thus far.

Every rep I spoke with pushed the higher tier protection plan with the extended warranty. May be these devices are designed to fail shortly after warranty expires to promote the purchase of the higher tier protection plan?

Ring support representative, is this standard practice when a device fails shortly after warranty expiration? Thank you for your response in advance.

Hi @thj2033. I’m sorry to hear about your experience with your Ring Peephole Cam and our support team. The Ring Community is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum, so we are not a direct line to the support team and we aren’t able to record any complaints regarding your support experience. In order to have your feedback about your previous calls properly recorded, you’d want to follow up with our support team once more so they can pull up your previous calls and notate your feedback on this matter. If you’re ever curious about the warranty on your device at any time, you can also contact our support team for that. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.