Custom sounds created by me for chimes

Is there a product that works with ring perhaps zwave compatible to make my own custom chimes as is asked for often but ring doesn’t listen it appears to this frequently asked item, appears they only want to use their own sounds. I would love to record my family’s voices saying front door, back door etc. and play as a chime. I figure must be a competing company with a product that provides. Appears is a huge market for this ability.

Hi @Hopie. As you mentioned we do not have a Ring device with that ability to make custom tones for your Ring Alarm. As we value our neighbors feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

In the meantime, you can use Alexa devices to play a custom phrase for the open and close status of your Contact Sensors. As long as you have the Ring skill learned in the Alexa app, you will have the option to do so by creating a routine. To create a routine in the Alexa app, follow these steps:

1. Open the Alexa app on your mobile device.
  2. Tap More in the bottom right-hand corner.
  3. Select Routines from the menu.
  4. Tap the + icon to create a New Routine.
  5. A screen titled New Routine will appear.
  6. Tap on Routine Name and name your routine. For example, “Front Door Closed”
  7. Tap on When This Happens and tap Smart Home, then select the Ring device you are creating the routine for. For example, select your front door Contact Sensor.
  8. Select which capability you’d like to set up. Open or close.
  9. Select Add action, and then choose “Alexa Says”. You will have the option to select a custom phrase or pre-made phrase.
  10. Under From, select which Alexa device controls the Routine.
  11. Tap Create.

I hope this helps. :slightly_smiling_face: