Converting Stick up Cam battery to Wired

I wanted to see if there was a conversion kit to make my battery stick up cams to wired stick up cam?

You say “…this power adapter will work with your Stick Up Cam Battery (2nd gen) …”. However, the description itself does not sat it’s compatible with Stick Up Cam Battery which requires a barrel connector not a mini. Do you actually have a power adaptor for Stick Up Cam Battery?

Since You are well informed, could You please show me where can I get original ac/dc adaptor for Spotlight Cam? There is place to plug in solar panel, so the same should be for adaptor.

Thanks
luckyluk

Sorry, I don’t know how to edit post.

Question directed to Marley_Ring

Thanks

I’d be happy to clarify further, @luckyluk00! The Stick Up Camera “Battery” (3rd generation) and the Stick Up Camera “Plug-in” (3rd generation) are one and the same. The major difference is what comes in the packaging when ordered (the battery/ plug). Thus, if you currently have a Stick Up Camera battery, converting it to plug-in is as easy as obtaining this Indoor/ Outdoor Power Adapter.

As for a Spotlight Camera battery, this is a much different model in which the battery powered version is designed to be powered by battery only. The Solar Panel and extra battery slot are the only additional options for providing power or charge to the Spotlight Camera battery.

Will the 2nd generation stick up cam also work with a power adapter with a barrel shaped plug, or only with the adapter you have linked to?

I have a 2nd gen Stick Up Cam Battery. I’ve purchased a power adapter made for the Ring Stick Up Cam. It has a barrel plug on one end and a transformer/wall plug on the other end. The box states compatible with the 3rd gen Stick Up Cam Battery. Before I open this and then cannot return it, will this adapter work with the 2nd gen camera? It’s for my Mom’s camera. She lives in assisted living and no visitors can currently enter the building so I can’t check myself. The camera is our lifeline to her!

Hi @jawhite. If you check the plug-in on the Camera itself, you’ll be able to see if it’s a barrel-shaped plug or a micro-USB plug. If you’re not sure, you can also contact our support team directly at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Strange solution as for me.
So far I thought that the safest solution for cctv cameras is ac/dc adapter + batteries (when you run out of ac).

I know I can use the solar panels. But camera on the house wall draws enought attention by unwanted people. What about if You put on the wall camera plus panel? Together they draw a lot of unwanted attention .

The strangeiest for me is fact, that I can’t buy original adapter from RING. Instead of this, all I can do is to buy one from 3rd party company like LANMU, OLAIKE or TYRONE.

Does it mean, those companies made reverse enginering and designed something which not supposed to work with Spotlight Camera battery?

Anyway thanks for respond.

Regards

Question, I have the stick up camera with a solar panel, can I convert that to a plug-in for power? And if so, do I need to pull the battery for that to work?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi @AllyB. To reclarify what Marley mentioned earlier, the Stick Up Camera “Battery” (3rd generation) and the Stick Up Camera “Plug-In” (3rd generation) are one and the same. The major difference is what comes in the packaging when ordered (the battery/ plug). Thus, if you currently have a Stick Up Camera battery, converting it to plug-in is as easy as obtaining this Indoor/ Outdoor Power Adapter . I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Hi,

I have a stick up cam (gen 2) battery. I want to change to ac power so i got the barrel plug adapter. My problem is I plug everything in but my ring app has no option to select ac power, just has the battery power option…

Any suggestions

Thanks

Hi @user23118. The Indoor/Outdoor Power Adapter is designed for use with the Stick Up Cam 3rd generation, not the Stick Up Cam 2nd generation. That is why you are only seeing the battery power option, as that is the only option available for the Stick Up Cam Battery 2nd generation. I apologize for any miscommunication throughout this thread with the different Stick Up Cam generations, but I hope this helps clear things up.

So if I use the Ring power adapter for my gen3 stick up battery and change modes, will I get the pre-motion recording like I do on my ring doorbell which is wired?

Hi @user31679. Correct. If you have a powered device you will be able to take advantage of the features that are exclusive to powered devices.

Problem now is that motion detection doesn’t alert on some basic movement. Before using the battery and PIR it would (mostly) detect when we pull into or out of our garage.

In wired mode it rarely does. I tried both smart detection, with people and other motion, enabled. Also with smart detection off. Any people or animal movement works just great in either mode.

My concern is someone who pull into my driveway and just sits there I would get no notification.

I have a 3rd Gen system and I switched from battery to wired that I purchased from Amazon. Now my system is detecting that the camera is not connected. Have I done something incorrectly.???

Hi @B_arbi3y. Your Stick Up Cam is not detecting that it is Wired? Are you using the Ring Indoor/Outdoor Power Adapter (Barrel Plug)?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.