Controlling Floodlight Cam Lights with Levition Decors Smart Switch & Ring Alarm Base Station

I have seen other posts about trying to control the lights on a Ring Floodlight Cam with a smart switch but I have not seen a setup described like the one I would like to try.

My question is whether a smart switch like the Leviton Decora Smart In-Wall Switch will be able to turn Ring Floodlight Cam lights on/off through a Ring Alarm Base Station when toggled. The switch and the Floodlight Cam are not on the same circuit. The Floodlight Cam will have uninterrupted power. Basically, I want to push the smart switch/button and have the lights turn on.

I have seen other p[osts of people being unable to do this through Alexa or directly to the Floodlight Cam itself, but I have not seen anything about doing it through a Ring Alarm Base Station.

My specific devices are:
-Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro (On a circuit that always has power, will not be physically turned off by a switch)
-Ring Alarm Base Station
-Leviton Decora Smart In-Wall Switch (Open to any other smart switch if someone has been able to do this with a different model)

I am worrying if anyone else has tried this or if they know whether it will or won’t work.

Thank you for any help or guidance anyone can provide!

Hi @user77920. If I’m understanding your post correctly, you are asking if you can control the lights on a Floodlight Cam via the Ring Alarm Base Station by flipping a Leviton Decora Smart In-Wall Switch. Is that correct?

The Leviton Smart Switch is compatible with the Ring Alarm Security System as a Works With Ring device. This means it connects via Z-Wave and you can turn any lights on or off that are connected to the switch. To accomplish what you’re looking to do, you would need to have the Floodlight Cam connected to the Leviton Smart Switch, which would turn the power on the camera on or off completely.

Thank you for the response!

I guess my original post was a little unclear. The switch and the camera/lights are not physically on the same circuit. Cycling the smart switch won’t cut off power to the camera (the camera will remained powered the entire time). My question is can the smart switch communicate with the Ring Alarm Base Station to turn just the Ring Floodlight Cam lights on/off. Again, the camera will have power the whole time.

Hi @user77920. I am happy to chime in. Thank you for clarifying. Unfortunately, what you are asking for cannot be accomplished. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.