Control External Lights

I have a Spotlight Cam Mount, when I go to the CONTROL EXTERNAL LIGHTS option I do NOT have a TOGGLE SWITCH or any way to activate this option.

I have removed and reinstalled the app for the cam serval times and can not get the option to appear.

There is power flowing to the Red Wire, and I have tired hooking it up to a single light that is below the 150 watts max and still no luck.

Any ideas?

Hi @MrGraham665. What external lights are you referring to with your Spotlight Cam Mount? The lights on the Spotlight Cam can be toggled within the Ring App on the device profile page. Feel free to add a screenshot of which setting you’re referring to in the Ring App so I can take a better look.

Caitlyn, (THERE IS NO TOGGLE IN THE APP AS DESCRIBED ON YOUR WEBSITE)

Thanks for helping - - -good news is you can use Ring’s Website directly as there instructions there.

From Ring’s Own Support on your website https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023859972-Connecting-External-Lights-to-Your-Spotlight-Cam-Mount

RING USES THE BELOW DESCRIPTION:
Controlling External Lights

To turn on the external lights, slide the light toggle in the app.

External lights will also turn on whenever the Spotlight Cam itself turns on in reaction to detected motion.

Note: When connected to your mains, Spotlight Cam doesn’t connect to all of your external lights, but rather to those on the same circuit.

SO CAITLIN - - - I do not see a toggle in app as described.

Can you get someone to help you and I with this issue.

Regards

@MrGraham665 The instructions regarding the toggle are for the Ring App, not the Ring website. You can download the Ring App on an android or iOS device such as a smartphone or tablet, and you should see the light toggle on the device profile page for your Spotlight Cam.

Caitlyn,

Yes I know its for the Ring App . . . in the 2 prior messages I was trying to tell you the TOGGLE option described is not in the App.

I SAID THE FOLLOWING IN MY ABOVE MESSAGES:
I have removed and reinstalled the app for the cam serval times and can not get the option to appear.

So YES you are right the Toggle OPTION should be in the APP

But it is NOT

It is not present in the App

I have downloaded the app 3 different times

Can you refer this issue to the next level support?

Regards

@MrGraham665 I apologize for any confusion from misreading your message. Can you please share a screenshot of exactly what you’re seeing in the Ring App? Open the menu in the top left > tap Devices > tap your Spotlight Cam Mount > the Lights toggle should be on the right side above Motion Detection and Motion Alerts. Alternatively, if you’re on the Ring App dashboard you can tap the 3 dots on the Spotlight Cam Mount’s preview and select Lights from the menu it brings up.