Contact sensors not sending push alerts

Hi, I have our contact sensors configured to send push alerts, but nothing comes to my phone when they are triggered.

Alerts are turned on at the contact sensor level, my phone is not in any kind of focus or do not disturb, notifications are turned on for the ring app. iPhone.

Hi @CT_Woods. If you are not receiving push alerts from your contact sensors when they are opened or closed, try the following steps:

• Check that your Contact Sensors are reporting closed and open in the Ring app to ensure they are working properly.

• Check that push alerts for the Alarm are enabled in Alert Settings. To do so, follow these steps: In the Ring app, go to the main menu, then Settings, Alert Settings, Alarm, and finally the Push tab on the top right.

• Verify that open and closed alerts are enabled for each Contact Sensor. To do so, follow these steps: In the Ring app, tap the menu in the top left, tap on Devices, tap on Alarm Base Station, and tap on your Contact Sensor.

• Disable any active VPNs on your phone.

• Try turning off Bluetooth on your phone.

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.