Contact sensor

Hello. One of my contact sensors is not connecting to the network. I keep trying and it is not working. The devises are together and also the battery is working fine. What can I do?

Hey @Nkasso116. Could you please follow these steps I will outline below and see if it helps connect the device? Please ensure the sensor is still in the list of your devices and states “Waiting to connect to a network.”

• Take the battery out of the Contact Sensor and bring it near the Base Station with the cover off
  • Go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Base Station > Gear icon at the top right > Advanced Options > Z-Wave > Remove Z-Wave Device > Remove
  • The app will say “Listening for Devices” and when it says this, put the battery back in the sensor
  • Put the cover back on the sensor

If you get a message that says “Successfully Removed,” go back into your list of Alarm Devices and see if the sensor is connected. If it’s not connected of you get an “Error removing device” message, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like