Contact sensor wearing out batteries

One of my gen 2 contact sensors has been going through batteries every 60-90 days. It is on a door that isn’t used much, and is within 15 feet of the base station. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Randy

Hi @Lasertrapper. There may be a few things contributing to rapid battery drain. First, will be the signal, second would be the sensor itself. I would make sure that your Base Station is out in the open and not in close proximity to other electronic equipment to help mitigate interference.

Next, I would try to reset your sensor and then monitor is battery level. You can learn how to reset your sensor here. If this problem persists, you may want to reach out to our support team for a closer look. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.