Contact sensor failure

I purchased the Ring Alarm Kit (2nd generation) in October 2021 and set up the sensors, base station, extender with good alignment and range. No issues with connectivity or the set up.

Within the last week, one of the contact sensors reported the “door was open” despite the door being closed. Attempts to synchronize with the base station by pressing the button on the front of the sensor would not resolve the situation. When pressed the button blink green once but on the Ring App Dashboard the message was still registered as “door open”. Today instead of blinking green once when the button is pressed it instead went to red once and when pressed again no LED response appears. Battery was changed but the LED did not illuminate a colour.

I remove the device from the app Dashboard as instructed. Located the pinhole and inserting the pin. No colour noted. I install the sensor again but it reported the “contact sensor isn’t connecting”. I tried factory reset as suggested in the community post; no LED colour. I am beginning to think this contact sensor has failed. What is my next option? Support team?? HELP!!!

Hi @BatsonW. Since you’ve walked through most of the troubleshooting steps I would have recommended to no avail, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team for further assistance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can walk through all applicable troubleshooting steps with you in order to find a solution. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like