Contact Sensor cover keeps coming off

I’ve have the Ring alarm system for several months now with no issues. But starting maybe two weeks ago I’ve been having an issue with one of my contact sensors. The sensor is horizontal on the top of a sliding glass door, but now when I slide the door open or shut I get an alert that the contact sensor has been tampered with. If I reach up and push on the contact sensor it seems to click back into place and the alert goes away. The backing is secure, but it’s the cover that’s suddenly coming loose when I use the door. Is there any way to fix this? It feels very soon to have to purchase a new sensor when I’ve only had it a couple of months.

Hi @Krisdailey. It’s possible that something is pushing on the Contact Sensor whenever the door is in the closed position, so I’d recommend taking a look and making sure that nothing is applying any pressure or pressing on the Contact Sensor as this could cause the cover to become loose which will give you that Tampered message. You can also remove the cover and firmly snap it back into place to make sure it’s properly installed.

If this concern continues to persist after trying these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a closer look at this and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps if needed. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: