Constant cooldown mode

Hello I have a video doorbell pro 2 (installed beginning of Feb)and I noticed yesterday evening that it was on “cooldown mode” per the fan icon. It is still on “cooldown” mode 24hours later. It’s not hot out (been roughly in the 60-70F) and the camera isn’t directly in the sun as it is in an enclosed porch. Looking to see what I can and should do. Thank you.

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem with the doorbell pro 2

1 Like

Hi neighbors! Would you mind sharing screenshots of this message or fan icon that you’re seeing in the Ring App? Additionally, what are you seeing on the Device Health Page? You’re welcome to share a screenshot of that as well, just be sure to cover any personally identifying information such as the MAC ID of your device.

1 Like

I am having the same issue today on my Doorbell Pro 2 as well. It has been in “cool down” mode for over 14 hours now. It’s also not hot here as well today around 65-70F.

1 Like

Still the same issue over 24 hours later and it will not record video either…

1 Like

Thanks for sharing those screenshots. Please try resetting the Doorbell Pro 2 by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, take the Doorbell through a fresh setup in the Ring App with the steps under Set Up a Device. Let me know if you see it still in the Cool Down Mode, or if this resolves the concern. :slight_smile:

OK just fixed my issue with my doorbell. Only resetting the Doorbell will not work and still show it is in "cool down mode ". First go in your App and completely remove your Doorbell Pro 2 (remove device in the settings menu), then go to the actual doorbell and reset it, once you have done those two steps go back into the App make sure your doorbell is not showing in there and then go ahead and reconnect it back to the app like if you were setting it up for the first time out of the box. This is how I got mine to work back to normal, hope this helps!

2 Likes

@AudiR8V10 Thanks for sharing what worked, and I’m glad your Doorbell is working properly again. Hopefully this tip helps any other neighbors experiencing this concern. :slight_smile:

I have tried the rest and it worked for me, but since initially doing it on March 3rd until now I have had to do it 3 extra times just to get it unstuck from cooldown mode.

1 Like

I did this two months ago and now its back again. Its on cooldown mode again. I did the reset and setup, but is there a permanent fix to this? Ring Doorbell Pro2 shouldn’t be behaving like this. Theres no internal batteries or anything since its hardline with the transformer. This never happened to me when I had my old Ring Doorbell gen 1.

1 Like

I am having the same issue with my ring doorbell Pro 2 also. This is the second time it’s happened and since I bought it a few months ago. It went away on its own the first time after several hours. But this is going to be ridiculous if I have to do a reset every time this happens. It’s not even summer here yet so I expected to get a whole lot warmer than it is right now. Ring needs to fix this issue with a possible software update otherwise this is going back

1 Like

I have the same issue for the second time. My first solution was to swap the transformer and that worked until now. Ring wanted me to pay an electrician to check my wiring (it was installed by an electrician), change my chime out because I couldn’t find the model number and it might not be compatible. I have never had an issue like this with my other ring doorbells, and now I see that I am not alone.

1 Like

Removed from app and reset, it seems to have solved the issue for now. I spent a lot of time with Ring Tech support, and this was never recommended.

1 Like

I am having the same issue with my pro 2, it has been in cooldown mode for a over a week now, it seems unlikely that it is too hot since it pouring with rain outside, I will try the methods outlined above.

1 Like

I also had this issue a couple months ago. I contacted support and they couldn’t figure out what was wrong so they sent me a new device. Now I am having the same issue with the new device.

Hey neighbors. Depending on which Ring device you have, you may see the Cooldown Mode icon in the Ring app and an educational screen if you tap on that icon. If you have any further concerns about your device being in Cooldown Mode and the information in the Ring app does not help, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.