Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
U
Considering Ring Gen-2 Alarm system concerned about Signal Jamming!
retrofit-kit
troubleshooting
I have a Ring door bell and 6 Eufy cams. My old wired alarm system has failed and I have been looking at Ring and Eufy wi-fi solution's. I do prefer the Ring Gen2 system , this is a large detached house and I am going to need lots of kit a great expense. I see this as an investment but very nervous about signal jammers should I be looking at a hybrid system instead for the alarm ?

21-11-2023 10:07:43

Responses (2)

T
Hi @user67592. To my knowledge, I have not heard of someone using signal jammers to breach a household security system. Even though this technology exists, I don't think it is common enough to warrant concern.

24-11-2023 04:05:05

M

Los Angeles Times and other major Southern California news outlets are reporting significant spike in burglaries using wifi signal jamming. I assume a Ring Alarm has a cellular function, but I’m not sure if the special signal from door and window sensors is blocked. https://ktla.com/news/local-news/police-warn-of-thieves-using-wifi-jamming-tech-to-disarm-cameras-alarms/

20-03-2024 01:54:35

U

Here is another recent article from Tom’s Hardware

21-03-2024 12:24:59

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User