Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
D
Connection to Ring servers
connectivity
Is this a Ring problem or my system? My Live View consistently has problems connecting to the Ring servers and shows no camera image - just a spinning ring for 5 to 10 seconds, then asks if I want to retry. This happens many times, sometimes connecting eventually and sometimes not. Also many times a doorbell activation has failed to alert any device indoors, so I miss the caller. WiFi strength, speed and quality is excellent, but it appears to be a Ring server connection issue. Can I fix this?

09-01-2021 09:30:49

Responses (2)

T
Hi @DavMo. Live View issues are often related to network variables. This could be from a poor RSSI, interference or weak cell reception/wifi. Check out this [Community post](https://community.ring.com/t/live-view-not-activating-and-connecting-troubleshooting-tips/249) about troubleshooting Live View. This post [here](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229) also has good information on RSSI and how it affects your Ring Devices. I hope this helps!

12-01-2021 04:38:55

B
I have similiar issue when viewing the live. but most frustrating is when I get a notice, and when trying to view the recordings, it takes several minutes for it to download. both from home & work network. Please update your server to meeet the demands that is presented. Perhaps work with YouTube, as they deal alot with a high volume of video downloads. I shouldn't need to wait a few minutes for security videos. It's imparative for a security company to have high performance server setup to meet the demands. How would you feel having to wait 30 minutes for an ambulance to show up?

16-08-2022 06:17:00

B
No, this is not a WiFi issue. i"m connected hardwired at work and it's still take a few minutes to download. we have fiber connectivity here at the office. YouTube has no issues when downloading videos.

16-08-2022 09:07:43

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User