Connecting chime to ring pro

Hi guys. Appreciate any help. I just got a ring pro and new chime as well as 2 ring floodlights and multiple ring stick up camars. I went full Monty.

My problem is I was trying to setup the ring pro and I switched out the transformer for the stronger one. When I got to my chime box I saw 4 wires connected oddly. I am confused how to hook it up. I will try to ad a picture of it below. It has two while wires connected to eachother. Then the reds are inthe chime to trans and front. The transformer and doorbell only have one set of red and white. I tried many different ways but nothing worked. I checked power and it is going to the lines when not connected to anything. Confusing and don’t want to return all.

By the way I did not say I got a new chime box just do not know how to connect it.

Hi @roozyt. I would check out Marleys Hardwiring Checklist. This has tons of information on how to wire your Ring Pro. If you are still having issues getting your Ring Pro wired up after reviewing that content, it may be best to contact a licensed and trusted electrician to ensure this is done correctly and safely. I hope this helps!

Well I got an electrician out. He stated because the ring I hooked up had a reaction and burned out almost causing a fire,the wires internally are shot. He stated this will be very expensive to repair as the wall will have to be cut into to swap the entire system. This is very disappointing that I had a perfectly running system before I hooked up my ring now everything is shot. I have contacted ring multiple times for assistance and Am now having problems trying to get anyone. I believe there was a recall on some rings do to this exact thing? Any tips is helpful on how to proceed. This has taken a lot of time and effort.

Hey @roozyt. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Would you mind contacting our support team on this? I think it would great for a support agent to be able to look into this further for you, just to be safe! Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Support number: 1 800 656 1918