Confused by settings.....

Hi all-

I have a Ring Doorbell and a Ring Spotlight Cam. For the life of me I can’t seem to figure how to set up alerts specific to my liking.

In the “Schedule” that I set up for both devices, is it accurate that the schedule I enter is when I want the cameras to NOT notify of motion? If accurate that seems backwards- you would think the schedule would be when you want to be notified of motion. Any clarification on that would be great.

I believe I had it set up correctly and has someone walk past the spotlight cam but nothing showed up.

Maybe if you could share an example of how yours is set up that would help me…

Thank you very much

Hey @Scott121, happy to help here! You are correct in the first assumption - Motion Schedules are for when you do not want motion alerts. This is meant for neighbors that may not want alerts on their phone during night time when they are sleeping, or when they know they will be out and about, triggering their cameras to send alerts. Are you looking to have a schedule of the option? If so, this is not a feature at this time, but please let me know what kind of customization you are wanting for your alerts and I can help further! :slight_smile:

@Chelsea_Ring-

Thanks so much for the reply.

So on the front doorbell Ring I’d like to be notified anytime the doorbell rings and then if motion is detected between 9:00 pm and 7:00 am

For the back Ring Spotlight Cam I’d like to be notified if motion is detected between 9:00 pm and 7:00 am.

If you have other setting suggestions I’m certainly open to that.

Thanks so much

@Scott121 Thank you for detailing that for me! So you will need to make a Motion Schedule that is from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM for both the Doorbell and the Spotlight Cam. In addition, you will want to turn on Ring Alerts for the Doorbell and Motion Alerts on for the Doorbell and the Spotlight Cam. Having these on will ensure you get the push notification for each alert, but with the Motion Schedule set up for those devices, it will not give you motion alerts during the day, and only at night like you want it! Motion Schedules are made to pause alerts during a time, so we will just put that in for the time. that you are not looking for motion detection. You can learn more about how to create a Motion Schedule here. :slight_smile:

That’s perfect- thank you. I’ve been playing around with it over the last few days and have it set up just as you detailed. Thanks so much for the help!

1 Like

Did that work for you? No matter what I do I seem to only get notifications during the day and never at night.