Configuring Home mode

Hey there,

I’m trying to set up my modes but having difficulty getting a particular set up.

Disarmed:

Everything is off – for when I have company over and I don’t want to get notifications / chirps about friends and family hanging on my front porch.

Home:

Door and motion sensors are off – but my front camera is on and notifies / chirps me when I’m in the house when I get delivery or mail.

Away:

Full system is armed. Alarm goes off when door / motion sensor is tripped.

The issue I’m running into is that when I go to turn off all my door sensors in the Home mode settings and then try to go into Home mode I get the notification “At least one sensor must be monitored” – confused as to how I can get the above Home mode configuration if my door sensors have to armed?

1 Like

Outside the box stuff first blush

If you are not really using home mode as it was designed. Like set exterior doors at night for alarm and interior cams/sensors off.

I think it is not a whole lot more steps to turn off motion alerts for the camera in palace of setting to home.

I think the key here is most of the time you will be home or away and it would not be a terible burden to turn off the camera when folks a playing on the porch.

Do you not see any value in home vs away?

Just pondering :slight_smile:

1 Like