Condensation inside ring doorbell

I have condensation inside the camera and have no idea how to get rid of it. I have left it inside overnight and made no difference i have had it in a room all day today with a dehumidifier running and still no difference. As i have only had the doorbell 2 months Im assuming that its a faulty doorbell. Has anyone else had this issue? Image included

I have found issues with condensation on the outside and I have that happen but now its inside its made the device pointless as the video is just a blur.

2 Likes

Sorry to see this, @Dg! While our outdoor devices are rated for weather resistance, there are times when environmental factors can impact the device. We advise to avoid areas with too much moisture, or that experiences any torrential water. It looks like you’ve certainly tried all the best steps, and of course a topical solution wouldn’t help here. The best next step will be to reach out to our support team to see what solutions they may have to offer. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Guys,
Also having issue with condensation inside the lens on our doorbell…
The warranty states only 1 year from date of purchase but surely when it has not been touched except for recharge, consumer rights must be protected??
Regards,
Brian.

I have just fitted our brand new Ring Doorbell Pro 2 and already have condensation inside the lense which is interfering a little with the viewable area.
There has been no adverse weather it been sunny but chilly.

Hi @user62617. If you have a brand new device and you’re experiencing condensation inside the lens, please follow up with our support team. You can also get in touch by sending a private message @Ring on Facebook or Twitter.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.