Compatibility, Hampton Bay Digital Doorbell Chime

Hello, I have a Hampton Bay Digital Doorbell Chime, model number HB-7612-02, is this compatible with my Ring Video Doorbell 2020 Release (2nd Generation) . Will I need some type of Resister?

Hi @MilesFL. You can actually find a list of all the compatible and incompatible mechanical and digital chime kits in our Help Center Article here. This is specific to the Ring Video Doorbell (2020 Release) so you can check for your chime kit in there. If you don’t see the model of chime kit that you have listed on there, then we can’t guarantee that it’ll be compatible. :slight_smile:

I purchased a Hampton Bay 7621-02 for my Pro 2 (2021) based on the recommendation found on the compatibility list found on the Ring site. It does not work with the Pro 2. Interestingly, I can no longer view the list as all the links are disabled. Now I own a $50.00 chime I cannot use or return.

1 Like

The Hampton Bay 7621-02 Digital Chime kit is indeed compatible with the Video Doorbell Pro and Pro 2 models. Please ensure this internal chime type is selected in your Ring app under the Video Doorbell Pro 2 > Device Settings > General Settings page.

I recommend testing out different tone types and lengths for the digital chime kit to see if this will work as well.

Thank you also for sharing this feedback on the article functionality, as I’ve forwarded this to the appropriate team for resolution. :slight_smile: