clearing an alert

How do i clear a low temp alert on my freeze and flood sensor. I don’t see any option to clear it. I have even tried removing the battery. thanks

Great question @jmmetz! A low temperature alert will automatically clear once the temperature is resolved. Getting the temperature to 45 degrees Fahrenheit and above should clear the Freeze alert. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

After the big Texas freeze in Feb and now the temperature is back in the 70s, the “Low temperature detected” alarm still shows up in my ring alarm status for the Flood and Freeze sensor. How do I clear it?

Hello @st0cktrader ,

Sorry that you had that nasty “Texas Freeze” and it looked awful on the TV news.

If you already warmed up your sensor’s temperature above 45 degrees Fahrenheit, it should have automatically cleared the Freeze alert. If the sensor persists with the “Low temperature detected” alarm, then that isn’t what it supposed to do.

You should call Ring Support for additional help at:

Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19, you may encounter slightly longer than normal wait times:

Also, if your Sensor is already beyond the standard 1-year limited warranty, but you have the Ring “Protect Plus Plan” subscription, you have the Extended Warranty Coverage (applies to Ring devices if the “Plus Plan” started within the product’s original warranty period and the device is covered under Ring Protect Plus until you discontinue your subscription).

I hope this is useful information for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like