Cisco Wireless ME 8.10.142.0 and Ring Doorbells and Cameras connection issues

I recently upgraded my Cisco ME environment to 8.10.142.0, 3802 and 2702 APs. Apparently, when I did that my Ring Doorbell and Stick Camera both stopped associating to the network. I was unaware until a week ago I tried to view them and their battery had died, I didn’t receive the alert because they weren’t on the network. I have been trying for a couple of days to get them back on the WiFi but no matter what I did, they kept failing to connect to the internet. I finally got the doorbell to work today but only if I use Open authentication, no security. This is obviously a problem that I need to solve. I am using PSK with only the WPA 2 button turned on and they won’t connect.

Has anyone ran into this and how did you fix it?

Hi @ryankg21. Does your network automatically switch devices from 2.4 GHz to 5.0GHz? If it does, this could be the problem. Also, what is the RSSI for these devices? Try resetting them by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then reconnect them to your wifi. This will prompt them to do a short update and they should remain online. Let me know if this works.