Christmas chimes not working

Ring Chime Pro not playing Xmas tones? Trying reset and reinstalling no luck. Plays the generic ones just fine. Please post a resolution.

Merry Xmas

1 Like

Christmas chimes definitely not working on my chime pro gen 1 along with the led light for the ring logo. I busted out the original standard chime gen 1 and it took a minute to update it, but worth the wait and the Christmas chimes all work. Not a big deal for me to not use the pro since I connect directly to my wifi. Hopefully some of you have some luck with this.

1 Like

Same issue here and itā€™s bothering me. Halloween abs Thanksgiving worked fine, but not the Christmas ones.

2 Likes

I will Chime in (No PUN intended) with the rest of the Ring Public. Iā€™ve tried all trouble shooting steps listed with no success. Symptoms continue. No ā€œHo Ho Hoā€ for me on my Chime Pro Gen 1. Not sure if this is specific to the Gen 1. If some one has something other than the Gen 1 that has been experiencing the same condition can you reply to this post please? Being a Technician myself I can understand the difficulty in chasing these issues down. I believe this is a coding issue which is outside if my wheel house. Hoping it can be resolved soon as this is one of the main reasons for purchasing a Chime Pro. Rooting for the Ring team to resolve this glitch.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if this is going to be fixed!? We are now 6 days in to Christmas and this is upsetting the household!

1 Like

Same issue here. Very annoying. @ring Please sort this out

2 Likes

Caitlyn needs to stop giving the same response to everyone who is having this issue. It has been clearly stated in the thread that NOTHING FIXES THE PROBLEM. The issue is on RINGā€™s end and THEY need to fix it. RING, FIX THE ISSUE WITH THE CHRISTMAS RINGTONES PLEASE BEFORE ITS NOT RELEVANT. If someone responds to me with the same exact response about switching to another tone and then back and then resetting, I will be trashing my Ring and switching to another company. I need more cameras anyway, so now would be the perfect time to switch.

5 Likes

This was a real treat for my Christmas party when guest after guest arrived and heard, not a holiday tone but silence, while I left them in the cold. I called Ring and after 12 minutes of Ring tech support asking why I called over and over followed by 4 minutes of troubleshooting, I was told it was a ā€œtrending issueā€ and should be resolved ā€œsoon.ā€ Clearly this issue has been going on long enough to show that Ring isnā€™t making it a priority. It would have been nice to proactively receive an email or alert rather than leaving my guests in the cold and me wasting time troubleshooting.

2 Likes

yep having the same issue!!

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same issue. Just like everyone else, the Halloween tones worked just fine. I understand that there is a software issue with Ring. But my question is, why did these same tones work last year? I didnā€™t change anything on my end. Iā€™m still using the same hardware that did work last year. How hard can it be for Ring to rollback to what worked last year. Itā€™s not like they would have to reinvent it or anything.

3 Likes

Hi guys pitching in from the UK
Exact same problem here ā€¦
kids are crying ,ring ā€¦ get this sorted
Bahhumbug

1 Like

Same issue here, reported on 22ND November, since then, despite chasing for an update on four separate occasions it still not fixed, and Iā€™ve had no response.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. So glad I found this thread. No amount of resetting has worked. Bah humbug.

Iā€™d be we happy with a gobble I donā€™t have that option

Me too! Just found out when I saw the postman standing outside the window waving his arms.

Iā€™m experiencing the same issue, have tried re-syncing, changing tones and everything else suggested above. On the basis that all normal tones work as expected, this is not a hardware issue. @Ring-issuses the silence is deafeningā€¦hopefully youā€™ll have the issue sorted soon as youā€™re ruining my Christmas :rofl:

3 Likes

The only chime tone they are concerned about is ā€œCha-Chingā€.

3 Likes

Hi neighbors! After swapping the Chime tone to a holiday tone in the Ring App, please ensure you wait at least 5 minutes before testing the Chime to see if it works. If the holiday tones are still not working, we recommend using a regular tone in the meantime as a workaround. I checked with my teams, and rest assured they are investigating and working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

For now, I have accepted this response as a solution. While we are aware of this concern and as the team continues to investigate, this is a helpful way for other neighbors that come into this thread to try these recommended troubleshooting steps. We appreciate your patience and will continue to update this thread with more information. Thank you.

1 Like

So, to paraphrase, youā€™ve marked your non-response as a solution while offering no solution other than the troubleshooting steps that youā€™ve been repeatedly told donā€™t shoot any trouble. You then go on to characterize this as a concern, when itā€™s clearly an issue with your product. How about we dispense with semantics: itā€™s an issue for Ring customers that doesnā€™t really concern Ring. I think weā€™d rather have deafening silence on the issue than a ā€œsolutionā€ drenched in doublespeak.

10 Likes

I called Ring this afternoon about this problem. Was told to wait 30 minutes for the XMAS chimes to load. Obviously, that did not work. The tech I talked with knew less about the settings than I did. I have had ring cameras and security system for a couple of years. What few times I have called tech support, I have been pleased until today. This is ridiculous. I think things were better before Bezos bought them. Come on, RING!!!

4 Likes