Christmas chimes not working

The issue is not solved until the problem is fixed. “Investigating” does not equal “solving”.

You have no right to flag this issue as solved because it isn’t. Maybe try to focus more on customer service rather than cheating your way into meeting your SLAs!

9 Likes

This solution does not work, As you well know, please get this problem fixed!!!

How can you possibly mark this as resolved, is it just to help with your internal SLA’s???

Please focus your attention in delivering a fix for A LOT of unhappy customers, and get this escalated up your chain, rather than repeating the totally useless resolution advice you keep spouting.

8 Likes

I have found the Ring team completely dismissive and couldnt care less on this issue - raised it over a week ago - and they are just indifferent to it. The social media team say its wit their techs - well its been over a week now and not progressed. Pretty poor effort.

3 Likes

Why are you giving this advise when your tech and social teams know there is an issue. It just frustrates your customers trying all these actions. Its also not the first year Ring have had issues with festive tones.

5 Likes

This is not a solution. The problem is that the holiday chimes are not working. That problem has NOT been solved. End of story. As everyone here has noted, your “troubleshooting steps” do not fix the issue and suggesting everyone just use a regular tone instead of a holiday one is quite frankly the laziest response you could come up with. Please do not mark this as a solution because it has certainly not been resolved and needs to remain an open issue.

3 Likes

I am having the same trouble. Ring please fix this Christmas chime issue. Christmas is two weeks away and I’ve reached out on Twitter too. It’s ridiculous they are an option but can’t seem
Too get them fixed!

2 Likes

When selecting a new Christmas chime tone and saving it does nothing when you hit the test button. If I change it to older tones it works fine. Seems to be only the new Christmas tones

2 Likes

I work for ring, but obviously not giving my name, we wont have this resolved before new years. They arent responding other than reset because they are not attempting a fix. Lots of customers are upset, but ring will not be addressing this issue at this time.

4 Likes

Thanks. At least Ill stop wasting time trying to ‘fix’ my setup

2 Likes

I’ll say this. This is a very small issue. We trust this company with security which is not a small issue. The response given it’s not really an acceptable answer. If I can’t trust them with small issues, how can I consider them to be a viable option for the security of my home. I’ll be switching to Google Nest in the future and cancelling my service. Seems petty but it’s not if you think about it. Best of luck to the frustrated users out there.

3 Likes

Spent half a day trying to figure out what was wrong and then found this thread.
The response from Ring is comical and I hope I never have an issue more serious than Xmas tones to deal with.

4 Likes

I always like to have fun with this stuff, unfortunate “issues” like these takes the fun away. But for what it’s worth, everything works fine with chime 2nd gen. It has to be a quick update to the 1st gen ones. Support just has to push that patch out. Can we get a Christmas miracle?? lol. I’ll keep watching for Santa!!

4 Likes

Not working for us either, kids gutted as Halloween ones worked fine. tried everything from deleting app, reset etc ect still nothing :rage:

RING sort this out ASAP

3 Likes

Really disappointing level of customer service on display here. Makes a mockery out of the forum where a clearly obvious non-solution is marked as resolved, presumably to avoid having to deal with it internally.

All while asking people to keep trying troubleshooting steps that Ring clearly know will not make any difference.

5 Likes

My Chime tone list has changed. I do not have the turkey and Halloween tones to choose from anymore. I do have the Holiday tones, however like everyone else in this thread, they are the only ones not working of the ones left on my list. I wonder if Ring will start charging extra for some of the other tones. I wonder if they started removing them in the latest updates.

2 Likes

Made an account to come here and post only to confirm that I am having the exact same issue with my Ring Chime Pro Gen 1. Found this post after hours of troubleshooting including factory reset of the device only to find out the issue is ONLY with the holiday specific chime tones, when switching to any of the original chime tones the sound works as normal. Almost ended up buying a whole new device before finding this thread, this needs to be fixed or a free upgrade offered to a 2nd gen device

3 Likes

Not only is this extremely frustrating, but my son on the autism spectrum has been having full blown aggressive meltdowns. They have worked in the previous years and during Halloween and it is part of his ritualistic behavior to change them and play them for the house to hear. He is mostly non-verbal so it’s very difficult to explain to him why it’s not working.

Please fix this bug

Thank you.

4 Likes

RING! I think it’s about time you had this problem sorted!!! This is one of the highlights for my kids at Christmas and your product is not bluddy working again! Can you put some effort in to sort this out ASAP please.

3 Likes

Hi, can we please have an update regarding this issue. Also, you mention you have accepted this issue has been resolved!? It has not been resolved as we still all have the issue. Pretty bad service from you guys as it’s been at least 12-13 days without these Christmas Chimes. It maybe a small issue to you guys but my kids love these and they are disappointed. Not only that, we missed heaps of people using the Ring doorbell and missed parcel deliveries!!! I’ve obviously changed the chime to a non seasonal one for now but please sort the issue ASAP. Or maybe upgrade us if the 1st gen is no longer being supported.
A not so Merry Christmas

2 Likes

Still having issues and not being able to play Christmas chimes. Waited over 2 weeks now.

2 Likes